February 28, 2021 – The ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% brought the latest in ZoomX cushioning technology to both elite and recreational runners, incorporating a full-length carbon plate for outstanding energy return. The shoe’s second version releases first in a minimalist colorway for Nike members that taps into the workshop lore of Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman, followed by a wider release of the above Aqua colorway. It adds features through the upper to make the shoe more comfortable and durable, while still keeping the underfoot details that cement its trusted, near-magical reputation among runners who are breaking their own barriers on race day.
Here’s what’s new (and familiar) about the ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% 2:
- Engineered mesh material in the upper is softer and more breathable than Vaporweave. The mesh better conforms to the foot and helps keep feet cool throughout a race.
- Pockets of padding at the top of the tongue help provide a more comfortable fit and reduce lace pressure.
- Forefoot reinforcement was added for improved containment and durability in high-wear striking areas.
- A full-length, articulated carbon plate delivers a propulsive feel and helps promote a smooth transition from stride to stride.
- A wide forefoot midsole helps maximize propulsive feel and ZoomX responsiveness through a stable platform.
- The full-length ZoomX foam provides a lightweight and responsive ride.
- Deep, longitudinal grooves in the rubber outsole help improve traction on different surfaces and in varying racing conditions.
- The 8mm offset helps with stability and energy return
The white colorway of the ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% 2 releases in limited quantities for Nike members beginning February 28. The Aqua colorway releases on nike.com beginning March 25 in select markets.
- Perforations on upper enhance breathability in forefoot and arch.
- Full-length Zoom Air unit provides a smooth, responsive ride.
- Slimmer design reduces bulk for a comfortable, conforming fit.
- Exposed Flywire cables in the midfoot promote a snug fit at higher speeds.
- Cushlon ST foam provides firm yet responsive cushioning.
- Flyknit constructed upper delivers zoned stretch and support.
- Dual-density midsole and tri-star outsole provide flexible cushioning.
- Dynamic heel is stretchy for a snug, adaptive fit.
- Minimal, molded sockliner mimics the curvature of the foot to add support.
- Texture has been added under the toe and heel to enhance traction in these high-abrasion zones.
- The Nike Free RN 2018 is a running shoe that's packed with the very best in footwear technology
- Created with a classic white and black color scheme, the performance shoe is refurbished with improved running technology that combines energy return with stability
- The one-piece, circular-knit upper has been updated with spandex throughout for more natural movement
- And finally, the shoe includes Flywire cables that wrap the midfoot and a Dynamic Heel Fit, which uses a wide, stretchy strap to hug the ankle and heel
- RUNNING SHOES FOR MEN: The Nike Downshifter 9 running shoe lets you take your sprints and runs to new levels.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Men's Nike shoes feature open mesh at the forefoot that is lightweight and breathable, keeping you comfortable throughout your run.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Closed mesh through the midfoot and heel provides structured support to our men's sneakers while the textured outsole provides additional traction and durability.
- RESILIENT RIDE: Men's shoes with an articulated, full-length midsole that provides resilient and flexible cushioning, while the no-sew midfoot saddle delivers support.
- RUN FREELY: Flex grooves provide traction and let your feet move naturally in your Nike running shoes and the soft, smooth midsole cushions your stride.
- Nike Swoosh Lifestyle
- The padding on the heel adapts to the foot and offers soft comfort; The rubber sole offers robust traction
- The mesh inserts in the forefoot area allow slight perspiration; The foam midsole
- The lacing wraps the foot for a secure grip with every step; Cage for the central part of the foot
- Weight: approx. 8.8 oz.
- Upper: Single layer engineered mesh with internal, seamless notched inner sleeve for maximum comfort coupled with Dynamic Flywire technology for maximum lockdown. Bottom eyelet has been moved up to open up the forefoot flex zone and provide an optimal fit.
- Midsole: Full-length Cushlon ST foam works with a Nike Zoom unit in the heel for soft, responsive cushioning and great forefoot flexibility. Beveled heel.
- Outsole: Environmentally preferred solid rubber with classic Waffle outsole for durable traction. Lateral rubber blades for added sensory feedback and cushioning.
- A LIGHTWEIGHT FIT An all-new version of Flyknit technology is stronger and more durable than previous iterations. It features 3 distinct layers to help keep your foot secure, while providing a lightweight and flexible feel when you move.
- A STABLE FEEL Higher foam stack heights provide a softer feel. A wider shape provides a more stable ride, helping release energy with every step.
- A SMOOTH RIDE The shape of the Nike React foam midsole is all about zonal performance, providing support for the 3 phases of a runner's stride—flexibility at toe-off, a smooth ride at mid-stance and cushioning at contact
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.