SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Brooks Running Company announced it is partnering with HP Inc. and Superfeet to deliver the most personalized running footwear. Leveraging FitStation powered by HP and Brooks Run Signature, Brooks will introduce the first performance running shoe created based on an individual’s unique biomechanics which will be available via special order through select retail partners beginning June 2018.
With a singular focus on running, Brooks has a deep understanding of runners’ unique biomechanics and is committed to providing personalized experiences that enhance the run for every individual. Based on years of research, the company developed its Run Signature philosophy rooted in the belief that the best way to enhance comfort and improve performance is not to fix a runner’s “flaws” but to instead create running footwear that works with the runner’s natural motion path of his or her body. Through its partnership with HP and Superfeet, Brooks takes Run Signature to the next level and delivers the most personalized running footwear.
“Brooks is committed to providing the fit, feel and ride each runner wants. The ability to give an individual a personalized shoe based on his or her unique biomechanics is a game changer. It is a compelling offering for the runner who is interested in tip-of-the-spear technology and a totally tuned experience,” said Brooks CEO Jim Weber. “As part of our focus on reinventing performance running, we will continue to push the envelope to bring runners innovations that help them uniquely tailor their run.”
FitStation powered by HP is pioneering hardware and software that combines 3D foot scanning with dynamic gait analysis and foot pressure measurements. Fully aligned with principles from Brooks Run Signature, FitStation offers customers in-depth analysis including key motion zones to identify the unique motion path of the runner’s body and information about the desired running experience. FitStation creates a one-of-a-kind holistic digital profile of an individual that combines personalized fit, biomechanics and experience.
“FitStation by HP is changing what personalization means—from the in-store experience to the final product. In collaboration with Brooks and Superfeet, we are delivering truly made-to-measure footwear with a lot size of one,” said Ed Ponomarev, general manager of FitStation and business development HP Inc. “Digitalization of biometric data opens an opportunity to ultimate individualization with the speed and cost efficiency of mass production. HP brings deep experience in computing, scanning and technology integration at scale to deliver a revolutionary digital manufacturing platform, creating individualized products that are available to anyone—from casual runners to elite athletes.”
The FitStation analysis translates into specific requirements for each shoe, and is then produced by Superfeet on a state-of-the-art DESMA polyurethane injection-molding machine. The system uses the 3D foot scans to determine the proper lasts which the shoes are built around, ensuring each shoe is tailored to the specific shape of the runner’s foot. Then, using a combination of variable PU injection with direct attach capabilities, the foot pressure measurements, movement analysis of the runner’s joints, and their personal experience preferences are combined to create personalized midsole requirements with multiple tuned zones—all ensuring the runner stays in their preferred motion path and receives the running experience they desire. All personalized footwear will be manufactured in the U.S. at Superfeet’s world headquarters in Ferndale, Wash.
“Having the leader in running footwear leverage FitStation and our U.S. manufacturing facilities to create the most individualized running shoe on the market is momentous,” said John Rauvola, president and CEO of Superfeet. “Not only will it change what people expect from their running experience, it is also an important step in making a positive difference in people’s lives by delivering the best underfoot support possible. This is the beginning of the individualized fit revolution.”
Brooks will demonstrate the industry-leading personalization experience Nov. 28-30 at The Running Event in Austin, Texas, where the company will create personalized Brooks Levitate RS shoes for select attendees. The new footwear will roll out to runners in June 2018 via special order through select retail partners. A list of participating retailers can be found at www.superfeet.com/fitstation.
About Brooks Running Company
Brooks Running Company sells its performance footwear, apparel, sports bras and accessories in more than 50 countries worldwide. Brooks’ purpose is to inspire everyone to run and be active by creating innovative gear designed to keep runners running longer, farther and faster. This purpose is supported by Brooks’ Run Happy philosophy, a quest to celebrate and champion the sport of running and all runners everywhere. Founded 1914, Brooks is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and is headquartered in Seattle. Visit www.brooksrunning.com for more information or follow us on Twitter (@brooksrunning) and Facebook (www.Facebook.com/brooksrunning).
About Superfeet Inc.
For more than 40 years, Pacific Northwest-based Superfeet has been creating innovative products featuring the highly-regarded Superfeet® shape, helping millions of people worldwide experience unparalleled comfort, pain relief and performance. Best known for their wide variety of over-the-counter insoles, the company now offers a full line of comfort-focused footwear built from the insole out. Today, through the latest advancements in 3D-printing technology and manufacturing, Superfeet is taking insoles and footwear from mass-produced products to individualized, made-for-you solutions. A 100% employee-owned company, Superfeet gives 1% of sales and countless volunteer hours to help others shape a strong foundation for a healthy future. For more, visit superfeet.com.
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
- Stretchy, mesh running shoes with extra cushioning for all-day comfort
- Stretchable mesh upper for breathability
- Combined Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for step-in comfort and superior cushioning
- Cloudfoam memory sockliner molds to the foot for superior step-in comfort
- adidas male running shoe; the adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted Connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport; Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to make sport part of their lives
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: Runners who need a perfect blend of support, cushion, flexibility, and reliability. The modernized, streamlined design satisfies runners who crave a low-profile look.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 19
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
- MODERNIZED FIT: A new streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and proven fit the Adrenaline is known for-without excess bulk.
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
- AmpliFoam Midsole - Engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running.
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- adidas mens Running Shoe
- The adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport.
- Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to make sport part of their lives.
- Engineered mesh upper is extremely lightweight & breathable, with strategic support where you need it
- Foam padding placed around your ankle collar & under the tongue for an incredibly comfortable fit & feel
- Comfort sockliner molds to your foot with padding in the heel for ultimate cushioning at heel-strike
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for ultimate responsiveness & durability
- Tire inspired outsole pattern provides ultimate flex & superior traction
- Synthetic/mesh upper
- Responsive EVA midsole with ABZORB cushioning
- NB Response 2.0 performance insert
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.