WALTHAM, MA (November 3, 2016) – “To keep runners running, it’s not enough to get them in the right shoe; we need to help them build better running bodies,” says Spencer White, head of the Saucony Human Performance & Innovation Lab, the brand’s state-of-the-art running research center focused on empowering runners through performance innovation. Today, the Saucony Lab figuratively opened its doors to runners everywhere with the launch of the Saucony Stride Lab app, the first interactive tool that puts the power of a cutting-edge biomechanics lab in the palm of every runner’s hand.
The Saucony Stride Lab app, developed in partnership with Jay Dicharry, MPT, SCS, author of Anatomy for Runners, empowers the individual runner to build a better running body right from their personal mobile device. The Stride Lab’s innovative interface first guides the individual runner through a multi-step personal evaluation that includes their stance, mobility, stability and stride−all from their iPhone. The Stride Lab then instantly interprets the data, prioritizes the results and delivers to the runner a customized and ever-evolving plan of running-specific exercises and dynamic drills to optimize their running experience. The Saucony Stride Lab app is now available as a free download at iTunes.
“With the launch of the Stride Lab app we’re throwing open the doors of the Saucony Human Performance & Innovation Lab, sharing decades of expertise and research in stride analysis and biomechanics to help runners perform and feel better,” said White. “That information, in combination with Jay Dicharry’s world-renowned expertise in biomechanical analysis and sports athletic performance, has allowed us to create a personal running lab experience, customized for each individual runner and accessible from their mobile device at their convenience.”
“Working with tens of thousands of runners, from the novice to the Olympic level, has shown us that people are different, that they can and should run in a manner that complements their body structure,” said Dicharry. “It’s critical that runners first assess their stance, mobility, stability and stride to determine the best way for them to run. The Saucony Stride Lab app allows runners do just that, and then determines a running-specific plan of BodyWork exercises and running drills that they can follow to maximize their running performance. While other apps track the quantity of your run, the Stride Lab app will improve the quality of your run.”
The Saucony Stride Lab app will be launched to the running community at the Saucony booth at the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon Health and Wellness Expo taking place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City from Thursday, November 3rd through Saturday, November 5th.
How Does The Saucony Stride Lab App Work?
- Get Evaluated: From your iPhone, the Stride Lab app will guide you through a 7-point assessment where we can benchmark your body and identify limiters that stand in the way of your running goals.
- Get Your Plan: Receive a customized plan of running-specific exercises and drills that address your unique issues to improve your running experience for the long term. The Stride Lab app will give you up to five BodyWork exercises at a time to perform three-times a week. You can go through them all at once or fit them in at your convenience.
- Get Running: Check in with the Stride Lab app before every run for a series of dynamic running drills to incorporate into your daily run.
- Get Points: Just like a personal coach, the Stride Lab app keeps track of all the great work you’re doing. See your BodyWorks score rise as you complete your tasks.
- Get Progress: Every few weeks the Stride Lab app will ask you to re-evaluate yourself to see how you’re improving and whether you are ready to focus on the next challenge.
- New PWRRUN cushioning protects from impact with a soft, yet responsive feel underfoot
- TRIFLEX outsole optimizes flexibility
- FORMFIT surrounds the foot in 3D comfort, enhanced by 3D-Print overlays
- Engineered mesh provides structure or stretch where needed and enhances breathability
- Category: Neutral
- Grid technology with VersaFoam cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole for even your toughest workouts
- SPEEDROLL Technology propels you forward with the feeling of continuous momentum, so you can run faster, not harder
- A generous bed of EVA-based PWRRUN cushioning provides A plush yet springy ride, perfect for any day of the week
- External TPU heel outrigger works in unison with A medial rubber wrap to provide lightweight structural support that guides the foot through each stride
- FORMFIT hugs the foot in 3D comfort and delivers our most personalized fit yet
- An engineered sandwich-mesh upper keeps the shoe light and breathable
- PWRRUN+ midsole cushioning provides more flexibility, durability, and springiness in a foam that’s 25% lighter
- New midsole geometry makes for a snappier ride
- New blown rubber outsole makes for a snappier ride and increases durability and traction
- TRIFLEX design makes for quick transitions and enhances flexibility
- Engineered mesh upper with 3D Print overlays provides strategic flexibility and structure
- Rubber sole
- Injection Molded EVA
- GORE-TEX Invisible Fit technology provides best-in-class waterproof protection without making the shoe feel stiff or bulky.
- Aggressive lugs made of PWRTRAC tacky rubber conform to dig in and confidently grip a wide variety of terrain.
- PWRRUN cushioning provides a responsive feel while a rock plate ensures additional protection for pushing uphill and driving downhill with confidence.
- Successor to the Cohesion 11
- Grid technology with Versafoam cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole for even your toughest workouts
- Supportive rubber overlays
- Closure Type: Lace Up
- GRID, Injection EVA,
- Removable insole
- Aggressive lugs made of PWRTRAC tacky rubber conform to dig in and confidently grip a wide variety of terrains.
- PWRRUN cushioning supplies a responsive feel while a rock plate ensures additional protection for pushing uphill and driving downhill with confidence.
- The new ultralight, durable top layer adds durability to the comfortable air mesh bootie so nothing snags your speed.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.