The list has been compiled following introduction of the requirement on 31 January 2020 that any new shoe that an athlete proposes to wear in international competitions needed to be assessed by World Athletics.
The list does not contain every shoe ever worn by an athlete but it does include some older models of shoes that manufacturers sent to World Athletics for assessment by its independent expert. The position with older shoes that are not on the list is that they still need to comply with the rule going forward. The athlete, or their representative, will need to ensure their older shoe complies with Rule 5.13 in terms of the maximum sole thicknesses for their specified event and any inserted plate or blade, including spike plates if relevant.
Under Rule 5 of the Technical Rules, athletes (or their representative) have the responsibility to provide World Athletics with specifications of the new shoes the athlete proposes to wear in competition. World Athletics accepts shoe specification and samples submitted by manufacturers for further examination.
If there is doubt about a shoe (particularly shoes that no other athlete has) then athletes, officials and meeting organisers should first refer to the approved list.
If the competition referee has a reasonable suspicion that a shoe worn by an athlete might not comply with the rules then at the conclusion of the competition the referee may request the shoe be handed over for further investigation by World Athletics.
The list of approved shoes will be updated regularly to reflect any new information received.
“Transitioning rules is never easy but is significantly harder with the current pandemic and the challenges we all face in staging, competing and providing kit and equipment during this time. We will continue to communicate, clarify and explain the rules and would like to thank our athletes, Member Federations, meeting organisers, shoe companies and technical officials for working with us to ensure the rules are understood and adhered to and, when this is not possible, that we resolve issues quickly, consistently and compassionately within the framework of the rules,” said World Athletics CEO, Jon Ridgeon.
- style: race
- outer material: Synthetic
- closure type: snare
- Style#: CK6357-001
- Padded collar and tongue for increased comfort
- TPU-outlined Swoosh design trademark
- Soft lining with cushioned insole
- Dual-density midsole gives you a soft, cushioned ride with Lunar foam underfoot
- Style#: BQ9646-002
- Nike React foam at the midsole is lightweight, springy and durable
- An Air Zoom unit at the forefoot is twice as large as previous versions, delivering more bounce with every step.
- It's top-loaded to be closer to your foot for better responsiveness.
- A midfoot band adapts to the size of your foot, keeping you comfortable and secure with every step.
- Style#: CI9842-500
- Engineered specifically for a women’s foot, it offers a new underfoot experience while the overall lifted stance provides a modern aesthetic with unbelievable, on-the-go comfort.
- The Nike Air cushioning in the heel combines with soft, flexible foam for a comfortable experience that lasts.
- The mix of smooth leathers and textured fabrics allow for style versatility day-in, day-out while the padded collar sculpts your ankle for a sleek look that's comfortable.
- The modern branding and color palette offer a standout look for any wardrobe.
- I.G.S (IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM) TECHNOLOGY: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- AHAR PLUS OUTSOLE: Strategically positioned in critical areas of the outsole, this exceptionally durable compound is 50% more durable than standard ASICS High Abrasion Rubber.
- SEAMLESS CONSTRUCTION: The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional stitches and seams.
- FLYTEFOAM PROPEL TECHNOLOGY: ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- SPEVAFOAM 45 LASTING: Employs 45 degree full length SpEVAFOAM 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- 🏅 NO TIE SHOE LACES INCLUDED: Enhance your running experience even more with our reflective system and elastic no tie shoelaces. Perfect comfort with adjustable tension, superior quality, and super easy installation for both kids and adults. One size fits any type of shoes, sneakers or boots.
- 💪 COMFORABLE WEAR – Lightweight of only 0.17LB perfect for any kind of sport activities such as running, cycling, and racing like Marathon and Triathlon. High quality adjustable elastic belt to fit all sizes.
- ✔ MULTI PURPOSE & EASY USE: Insulated zip pouch + energy gel loops + race bib toggles + reflective trim. Use as a triathlon belt, trail running belt, ironman belt, marathon belt, or endurance race belt.
- 💧 WATER RESISTANT PHONE FRIENDLY POUCH: – Easy storage in a neoprene pouch protects your phone and other essential belongings.
- 🥇 1 YEAR OF FULL REFUND WARRANTY – buy with confidence! If you don't like our running bib belt for any reason contact us and we will take care of that!
- Style#: CK2718-002
- Upper shows off speed-lacing loops and welded synthetic panels.
- Features a TPU frame for lightweight comfort.
- Soft collar contours the foot for a comfortable fit.
- Full-length foam midsole and Vapormax Air unit cushion each step.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.