RICHMOND, Calif., March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Last year, running shoes from HOKA ONE ONE® (a division of Deckers Brands), (NYSE: DECK), collected over a dozen different editorial awards. The brand is kicking off 2015 on the right foot with another top prize: the Competitor Magazine Trail Shoe of the Year award for the Challenger ATR. Launching this month, the Challenger ATR is built for runners seeking excellent traction and increased support combined in a lightweight, yet durable, all-terrain shoe.
According to Competitor’s review, the Challenger ATR has, “all of the things you want in an off-road running shoe with enough trail-specific features to keep your feet protected. The Challenger ATR is amazingly light, quite nimble and very stable for such a well-cushioned trail shoe.”
The Challenger ATR features the lightweight, smooth-riding characteristics of the award-winning Clifton shoe and supplements them with increased support in the upper, a slightly stiffer midsole and a more aggressive outsole. Independent rubber pods with 4mm lugs provide for adaptive, all-terrain traction on a variety of surfaces. The Challenger ATR weighs just 8.6 ounces in a men’s size nine and retails for $130.
“At HOKA we are passionate about every detail that goes into making our unique products,” says HOKA President Jim Van Dine. “With the Clifton as a blueprint, we added just the right amount of support and protection to make the Challenger ATR one of the lightest and fastest trail shoes on the market. It is an honor to have our work recognized by the Competitor team.”
The Challenger ATR is available online, at select REI stores and specialty running retailers nationwide.
About HOKA ONE ONE®
HOKA ONE ONE® is the fastest growing, premium running shoe brand in the world. Two life-long runners launched HOKA ONE ONE® in 2009, after years spent handcrafting and shaping lightweight shoes with extra-thick midsoles. Initially embraced by ultrarunners because of their enhanced cushioning and inherent stability, the brand now offers shoes for all types of athletes who enjoy the unique experience the shoes provide.
- Moderate heel bevel for a smooth transition
- Full ground contact designed for smooth and stable ride
- New vertical pull tab for easy entry
- Open-engineered sandwich mesh construction delivers the ultimate in breathable comfort
- Open-engineered sandwich mesh construction delivers the ultimate in breathable comfort.
- Lightweight mesh gusset prevents tongue migration.
- Reinforced eyestays provide increased durability.
- New vertical pull tab for easy entry.
- Early stage Meta-Rocker offers a smooth ride.
- Breathable open engineered textile mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays
- Breathable textile lining for abrasion-free wear
- Removable textile lined, foam padded insole for cushioning and support
- Durable full-length EVA midsole to absorb shock and offer stability
- Durable synthetic sole with rubber inserts for grip
- Open-engineered mesh construction delivers breathable comfort.
- Memory foam collar cradles ankle in plush comfort.
- TPU overlays offer additional midfoot structure and support Internal heel counter provides a supportive, locked-in feel.
- Full-length compression-molded EVA midsole.
- Refined early-stage Meta-Rocker for a smooth ride.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.