RICHMOND, Calif., Jan. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Since introducing its revolutionary oversize midsole technology in 2009, HOKA ONE ONE®, a division of Deckers Brands (NYSE: DECK), has become the fastest growing road and trail running shoe brand in the world. HOKA ONE ONE’s growth can be attributed to runners of all types embracing the brand’s promise of delivering lightweight, well-cushioned shoes with an inherently stable ride. For fall 2015, the brand will bring this promise to the hiking footwear category with the launch of its MTN collection. With five new styles that range from high-top hiking boots to lightweight mountain runners, serious mountain trekkers and casual hikers alike will be able to experience the HOKA ONE ONE revolution. Broken into two categories, MTN Trek and MTN Run, the new collection ranges in retail prices from $130 to $230 USD.
The flagship of the MTN Trek series is the Tor Ultra Hi WP. Weighing slightly over one pound, the Tor Ultra Hi WP combines HOKA’s signature running shoe cushioning and Meta-Rocker geometry with a supportive high-top upper. The new silhouette is rich with performance enhancing features, including a new Vibram® MegaGrip outsole rubber with five millimeter lugs to provide traction over varied terrain, a leather and nylon mesh upper for durable support, and an eVent® waterproof, breathable membrane to keep feet dry.
The new Speedgoat, designed with input from legendary ultra-runner Karl Meltzer, is HOKA’s newest trail running shoe, retailing for $130 USD. The Speedgoat is built for the most challenging, technical trails, featuring a Vibram® rubber outsole with four-millimeter lugs and trail-specific flex grooves. The no-sew upper provides support through the forefoot, and a ground-rubber toecap offers critical toe protection. This new silhouette provides lightweight traction and stability all within a package that weighs less than 10 ounces.
Also included within the MTN Run category, the Mafate 4 is available for $170 USD and is the brand’s most cushioned and supportive trail running shoe to-date. Late-stage Meta-Rocker geometry, plus deep longitudinal and lateral flex grooves in the outsole, provide unbeatable stability over uneven terrain. A TPU toecap adds protection and wide toe box keeps feet happy.
“Hiking shoes are a natural brand extension for us as our midsole technology translates perfectly into hiking product,” says HOKA ONE ONE president Jim Van Dine. “The new MTN collection will allow hikers of all abilities to experience the advantages of our lightweight cushioning and Meta-Rocker geometry. We’re looking forward to welcoming even more customers into the HOKA community.”
In addition to the new MTN collection, the brand is releasing updates to some of its most popular styles for fall, including the Clifton 2, Stinson 3 and Stinson 3 ATR. The Clifton 2 improves upon the original, award-winning Clifton by introducing a slightly padded tongue for increased comfort and additional structural overlays to improve midfoot support, while the Stinson 3 and Stinson 3 ATR now feature a more balanced Meta-Rocker for improved forefoot support, along with light padding on the tongue for increased comfort.
About HOKA ONE ONE
HOKA ONE ONE is the fastest growing, premium running shoe brand in the world. Two life-long runners launched HOKA in 2009, after years spent handcrafting and shaping lightweight shoes with extra-thick midsoles. Initially embraced by ultrarunners because of their enhanced cushioning and inherent stability, HOKA now offers shoes for all types of runners who enjoy the unique ride the shoes provide.
- Moderate heel bevel for a smooth transition
- Full ground contact designed for smooth and stable ride
- New vertical pull tab for easy entry
- Open-engineered sandwich mesh construction delivers the ultimate in breathable comfort
- Open-engineered sandwich mesh construction delivers the ultimate in breathable comfort.
- Lightweight mesh gusset prevents tongue migration.
- Reinforced eyestays provide increased durability.
- New vertical pull tab for easy entry.
- Early stage Meta-Rocker offers a smooth ride.
- Breathable open engineered textile mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays
- Breathable textile lining for abrasion-free wear
- Removable textile lined, foam padded insole for cushioning and support
- Durable full-length EVA midsole to absorb shock and offer stability
- Durable synthetic sole with rubber inserts for grip
- Open-engineered mesh construction delivers breathable comfort.
- Memory foam collar cradles ankle in plush comfort.
- TPU overlays offer additional midfoot structure and support Internal heel counter provides a supportive, locked-in feel.
- Full-length compression-molded EVA midsole.
- Refined early-stage Meta-Rocker for a smooth ride.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.