Today the latest adizero adios Pro, reveals in a colour refresh for the world’s fastest, as they prepare to return to competition. The bold pink and blue “Dream Mile” colourway is the first update since the silhouette’s limited release in June – which sold out in 15 minutes – and will now be available widely from 14th September.
The shoe is born from athlete insights, generated from multi-continent in-camp testing. Elite athletes – including Kenyan long-distance runners Joyciline Jepkosgei and Rhonex Kipruto – gave iterative feedback to develop the physical prototypes, as well as the emotional context that inspired the colour story of this latest release.
The “Dream Mile” concept is built around the insight that athletes require two “selves” or approaches to training, to succeed in their fastest ever miles.
With the insight that nothing is impossible when you combine the very best in performance technologies, with the positive and creative energy that athletes have within themselves – the colour and design team researched various shades to help express this without words.
Represented by a vibrant pink hue, is the passionate, powerful and striving ‘self’, needed to push the body and mind forward against the clock. Meanwhile the calmer, more resilient ‘self’ that helps in maintaining focus is signified by the muted blue tones. The colours of the footwear were specially selected from the “Signal Family”, and includes shades such as Signal Pink, Signal Cyan, and Signal Orange – all completely unique to adidas.
Falk Bruns, Senior Footwear Designer, said “We’re confident the new “Dream Mile” colourway will help our athletes feel invigorated and stand out as they return to elite racing. Crafting the footwear that would support runners to go faster than ever and achieve their bests could not be done without collaboration. With that in mind, we went direct to the athlete from the very outset, incorporating their insights from first sketch to final prototype”.
Featuring innovations built to support athletes in their pursuit of speed, the adizero adios Pro was co-created with world-class athletes to create the breakthrough technology, EnergyRods. Driven by athlete anatomy testing in its biomechanics lab, adidas designers built prototype after prototype to create a structure that mirrored the metatarsal bones of elite athletes.
The result is the five rigidly tuned carbon-infused rods, that give the adizero adios Pro an intuitive connection to the athlete, optimising running economy and allowing them to maintain their speed for longer.
The EnergyRods are complemented by the supporting LightstrikePRO midsole, which provides super-light cushioning for explosive movements and enduring speed. These all-new innovations build on the award-winning success of the adizero family as runners prepare to take the global stage once again – adidas’ fastest ever shoe will be worn for the first time in elite competition including Peres Jepchirchir and Philemon Kiplimo at the RUNCZECH half marathon in Prague tomorrow.
The adizero adios Pro will be available for general release from 14th September on adidas.com/adizero-running, the adidas app and via select retail partners.
110km runner and world record holder, Rhonex Kipruto; half marathoners, Bernard Kimeli, Stephen Kiprop and Philemon Kiplimo; marathon runners Mary Keitany, Amos Kipruto, Abel Kipchumba, Bethwell Yegon, Albert Korir and Tamirat Tola; Festus Talam
- Mesh upper
- Weight: 7 ounces (size 9)
- Boost midsole and Lightstrike cushioning
- Quickstrike with Continental Rubber outsole
- Midsole drop: 9.5 mm (heel: 21.5 mm forefoot: 12 mm)
- The Record-Breaking Shoe: The Adidas Adizero Adios combines bending stiffness, energy return, mass reduction and design geometry to optimize your performance and help you achieve faster, longer runs
- Light & Responsive: At just 7.9 ounces, this running shoe features lightstrike cushioning for a fast, snappy feel, as well as an engineered mesh upper to keep the shoe light and breathable
- Built to Perform: Carbon infused rods, a carbon heel plate and Lightstrike Pro foam deliver a smooth, snappy transition and optimized cushioning; a midsole drop of 8.5mm allows for a rearfoot strike and enables smooth transitions
- Comfortable, Secure & Stylish: With a reliable lace closure and cozy regular fit, this shoe is made for everyday running, jogging and walking; crafted details and a variety of colors, including Screaming Orange, Cloud White and Core Black, will have you looking and performing your best
- More Than Just Fast: Engineered with some of the world’s fastest-running athletes, our Adidas Adizero Adios performance shoes meet the highest quality standards; wear for jog day, race day and the everyday
- Running Shoes
- Breathable mesh upper
- Boost responsive technology
- Running few women Adidas
- The Adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted Connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport
- Weight: 8 ounces (size 9); Midsole drop: 10 mm (heel: 27 mm / forefoot: 17 mm); Arch type: High / normal
- Tight, snug fit for racing performance: Recommend a half size bigger
- Mesh, textile and synthetic upper for durability
- Boost is our most responsive cushioning ever, delivering incredible energy return: The more energy you give, the more you get
- Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary traction in wet and dry conditions
- Running shoes for training
- Regular fit
- Lightstrike cushioning
- Runner type: neutral; Weight: 8.5 ounces (size 9); Midsole drop: 10 mm (heel: 29 mm / forefoot: 19 mm)
- boost is our most responsive cushioning ever: The more energy you give, the more you get
- Textile upper; Engineered mesh in forefoot is a lightweight, breathable second skin providing a supportive, comfortable fit; Designed for high speed, Microfit locks the foot down for a direct fit and fast run
- TORSION SYSTEM between the heel and forefoot for a stable ride; Breathable and supportive zones; Soft material for less chafing
- Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary traction in wet and dry conditions; A portion of sales goes to support cancer awareness charities worldwide
- FLYTEFOAM BLAST - Lightweight, midsole foam with energetic and highly responsive cushioning and bounce for an efficient ride.
- AHAR Plus Outsole - Strategically positioned in critical areas of the outsole, this exceptionally durable compound is 50% more durable than standard ASICS High Abrasion Rubber.
- Ortholite Lasting - This lasting material features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management and a high level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
- Reflectivity - Special reflective material designed to enhance safety and visibility in low light conditions
- Engineered Mesh Upper - Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.