Imagine a world where every runner gets faster. Pretty exciting. But also a hearty challenge, given the presumed hurdle of injury. But are injuries actually inevitable? The question spurred Nike to focus efforts on the potential of reducing runner injury, and its newest running shoe, the Nike React Infinity Run, is a step toward that objective.
When Nike debuted the Zoom Vaporfly 4% in 2017, racers cheered; the shoe was built for notching PRs and breaking limits — privileging running economy. The same year, Nike React, a proprietary foam offering game-changing cushioning and energy return debuted. In running, the technology answered for a near impossible desire: A feel that was soft, resilient, lightweight and durable.
The Nike React Infinity Run encompasses the best qualities of those two technologies — a fine-tuned blend of biomechanical efficiency and cushioning — for a breakthrough shoe that offers a more democratic solution to stability, and an advance from traditional motion-control designs.
The Infinity Run provides a soft, responsive platform and delivers it with a widened midsole. Similar to the geometry of the 4%, the Infinity has a rocker-like bottom that yields a more fluid transition from foot strike to toe off.
This inspired combination has an instant impact on a runner. Slip the shoe on, and it feels at once stable and energetic, the spring in the React foam ready to fuel miles. The Infinity’s rocker-geometry encourages a slight lean forward, moving a runner’s foot strike from heel to midfoot, or even forefoot; this creates a natural forward feel of propulsion. The wider platform, and the supportive foam that accompanies it, provides a reassuring feel — the shoe gently guides the foot in a smooth, straight line, reducing side-to-side wobbling and movement.
These attributes make the Nike React Infinity Run ideal for the kind of runs that don’t fall into the silo of interval or tempo, long run or race. This shoe matches best to base-run days, those middle-mileage, moderate efforts. In fact, an external study conducted in Vancouver, BC on 226 runners in the Nike React Infinity Run and the Nike Structure 22, a traditional motion control shoe, showed that runners in the Nike React Infinity had a 52 percent lower injury rate than in the motion control shoe, with wearers confirming that they felt less pain in their knees and feet.
- Style#: CD4372-012
- Higher foam stack heights provide a softer feel. A wider shape provides a more stable ride, helping release energy with every step.
- The shape of the Nike React foam midsole is all about zonal performance, providing support for the 3 phases of a runner's stride—flexibility at toe-off, a smooth ride at mid-stance and cushioning at contact.
- Less material in the shoe means you're closer to the foam, creating a softer, more responsive experience.
- Increased rubber at the outsole helps deliver traction and durability.
- A LIGHTWEIGHT FIT An all-new version of Flyknit technology is stronger and more durable than previous iterations. It features 3 distinct layers to help keep your foot secure, while providing a lightweight and flexible feel when you move.
- A STABLE FEEL Higher foam stack heights provide a softer feel. A wider shape provides a more stable ride, helping release energy with every step.
- A SMOOTH RIDE The shape of the Nike React foam midsole is all about zonal performance, providing support for the 3 phases of a runner's stride—flexibility at toe-off, a smooth ride at mid-stance and cushioning at contact
- Foam sole
- Nike Air Cushioning
- Running Shoes
- The Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 "Hyper Jade" is the second version of the popular ultra-lightweight performance runner from Nike
- Key upgrades to the Epic React Flyknit 2 include an updated Flyknit material for improved support while under intense conditions and a black leather Swoosh with a red embroidered border on the mid panel
- The flexible Flyknit material on the "Hyper Jade" colorway includes a speckled black toe that blends into a black and red mid panel, which gives way to a solid bright red fabric across the quarter panel and heel
- The heel features a resigned heel clip with purple, yellow, and bits of turquoise
- A sponge-like full-length white React foam sole provides unparalleled responsiveness when put to the test
- Style#: CT2423-600
- Increased rubber at the outsole helps deliver traction and durability
- Cushioned collar provides soft comfort.
- A wide shape provides a more stable ride, helping release energy with every step.
- Loop at the heel for easy on and off.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.