Powered by MBT’s patented curved-sole technology and a bold aesthetic, the new Huracan 3000 signals a daring new era for brand
Saint Louis, Missouri — Blending their renowned health properties with decidedly modern running-shoe design and materials, global footwear brand MBT – who invented the now-ubiquitous deeply cushioned, rocker-midsole shoes – is thrilled to announce its most daring and advanced performance running shoe to date: the Huracan 3000.
The premium $199 performance running shoe will be available in select specialty retail stores and MBT-owned locations around the world as well as on MBT.com and their Amazon storefront starting in early November.
For those eager to make running easier and more efficient, the Swiss-engineered, high-end neutral trainer fuels uninterrupted movement as the Huracan’s unique rocker sole promotes a gentle rolling motion that spurs a natural, stress-free cadence from impact to toe-off.
“The Huracan’s arrival is the start of a revolution for us at MBT, our first step toward the most cutting-edge and premium lineup of performance running footwear in the marketplace,” says CEO Andy Chaw. “As the pioneers of the rocker bottom, we’re taking our proven curved-sole technology, which we’ve been perfecting since our founding in 1996, and combining that with new technologies and forward-thinking designs that confirm our commitment to being the most innovative, health-focused running brand in the world.”
The Huracan is MBT’s answer to a growing trend in the industry toward energy return and shock dissipation, usually accomplished with a composite plate running through the midsole. But to accomplish similar results, MBT instead designed an entirely new midsole/outsole combination they’re calling MIDS. Together with their Sensor Technology, which provides MBT’s signature ‘walking-on-sand’ feel, MIDS absorbs impact and dissipates shock outward in the heel/midfoot, reducing the amount of vibration the emanates up through the body, reducing stress on the body and encouraging enhanced balance and stability. Then their renowned PIVOT STRIKE rocker completes the process, actively rolling the foot through toe-off with every step. The end result: a cushioned, responsive running experience from impact to toe-off that minimizes fatigue and promotes continuous forward movement.
- Exo-heel counter cradles the foot for optimum support and security
- Memory foam liner provides a custom fit for each runner’s heel and Achilles tendon
- At the forefoot, M-Flex Technology – a durable, yet flexible mesh at the toe box – adapts to a runner’s foot during different stages of a run
- The Jacquard Mesh upper is both lightweight and breathable with minimal seams
- High-abrasion outsole offers superior strength and enhanced traction for running on various surfaces or in slick conditions.
- Cut-outs in the rubber outsole reduce weight and contribute to the smooth ride
- Unapologetically modern aesthetic blends a premium fit with a stylish, on-trend design
- Reflective elements integrated into the upper’s webbing, the MBT M-wing logo, and heel counter add subtle flashes of color contrast and ensure safety for nighttime running
- MSRP: $199 USD
- Sizes: U.S. Men’s 8-13 in three colors (Lime Green/Blue Indigo; Black/Castlerock; Dusty Blue/Blue Indigo)
- S. Women’s 6-12 in three colors (Lime Green/Blue Indigo; Black/Castlerock; Dusty Blue/Blue Indigo)
“We’ve worked hard to get inside the minds of runners, to understand what they want and need, and have come to understand that they expect running footwear that not only performs at the highest level, but also looks good,” Chaw says. “That’s what the Huracan provides and it’s symbolic of the boundaries we’re going to push at MBT.”
Founded in 1996, MBT, which stands for Masai Barefoot Technology, was inspired by Kenya’s Masai tribe, a group that has lived for thousands of years with virtually no joint or back pain. Powered by its pioneering rocker bottom soles, a design many others have attempted to imitate, MBT claims a 24-year track record of helping people stand, walk, run, work, and play more efficiently and effectively.
- Macmillan Education
- Scrivener, Jim (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 416 Pages - 05/04/2011 (Publication Date) - Macmillan ELT (Publisher)
- Real-time quotes, watchlists, and FX Board
- Account balances, positions, orderbook and order history
- Charts with over 40 technical studies
- Real-time trading for Equities, Options, FOREX and Futures from one login
- Investment analysis tools such as Market Most Actives, Most Popular and Global Markets
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Harvey CPA, MBT, Trawnegan Gall ,,John (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 332 Pages - 11/09/2020 (Publication Date) - Page Publishing, Inc. (Publisher)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- GENRE: Jazz
- MADE IN: Canada
- CATALOGUE #: MBT 6029
- COVER GRADE: VG+: Sleeve shows moderate signs of handling. VINYL GRADE: VG++: Clean vinyl, plays great. May show light superficial marks only.
- ADDITIONAL INFO: 2x9cm sticker mark on front
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Nicolas Cage, Ethan Hawke, Jared Leto (Actors)
- Andrew Niccol (Director) - Andrew Niccol (Writer) - Nicolas Cage (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- One of a kind patented curved rocker bottom sole with innovative Pivot Strike area provides you with the ideal foot striking platform to transition into propulsion while enhancing support and cushioning.
- Level of Rock: MODERATE
- MBT SensorTechnology in the heel promotes a soft midfoot landing and complements the midfoot Pivot Strike by absorbing shock.
- Multi-functional lasting board and engineered shank combine to form one section and developed specially for the MBT sole construction which provides comfort and support.
- Mid boot ankle heigh upper with Gore-Tex waterproof technology.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.