WALTHAM, MA (November 3, 2016) – “To keep runners running, it’s not enough to get them in the right shoe; we need to help them build better running bodies,” says Spencer White, head of the Saucony Human Performance & Innovation Lab, the brand’s state-of-the-art running research center focused on empowering runners through performance innovation. Today, the Saucony Lab figuratively opened its doors to runners everywhere with the launch of the Saucony Stride Lab app, the first interactive tool that puts the power of a cutting-edge biomechanics lab in the palm of every runner’s hand.
The Saucony Stride Lab app, developed in partnership with Jay Dicharry, MPT, SCS, author of Anatomy for Runners, empowers the individual runner to build a better running body right from their personal mobile device. The Stride Lab’s innovative interface first guides the individual runner through a multi-step personal evaluation that includes their stance, mobility, stability and stride−all from their iPhone. The Stride Lab then instantly interprets the data, prioritizes the results and delivers to the runner a customized and ever-evolving plan of running-specific exercises and dynamic drills to optimize their running experience. The Saucony Stride Lab app is now available as a free download at iTunes.
“With the launch of the Stride Lab app we’re throwing open the doors of the Saucony Human Performance & Innovation Lab, sharing decades of expertise and research in stride analysis and biomechanics to help runners perform and feel better,” said White. “That information, in combination with Jay Dicharry’s world-renowned expertise in biomechanical analysis and sports athletic performance, has allowed us to create a personal running lab experience, customized for each individual runner and accessible from their mobile device at their convenience.”
“Working with tens of thousands of runners, from the novice to the Olympic level, has shown us that people are different, that they can and should run in a manner that complements their body structure,” said Dicharry. “It’s critical that runners first assess their stance, mobility, stability and stride to determine the best way for them to run. The Saucony Stride Lab app allows runners do just that, and then determines a running-specific plan of BodyWork exercises and running drills that they can follow to maximize their running performance. While other apps track the quantity of your run, the Stride Lab app will improve the quality of your run.”
The Saucony Stride Lab app will be launched to the running community at the Saucony booth at the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon Health and Wellness Expo taking place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City from Thursday, November 3rd through Saturday, November 5th.
How Does The Saucony Stride Lab App Work?
- Get Evaluated: From your iPhone, the Stride Lab app will guide you through a 7-point assessment where we can benchmark your body and identify limiters that stand in the way of your running goals.
- Get Your Plan: Receive a customized plan of running-specific exercises and drills that address your unique issues to improve your running experience for the long term. The Stride Lab app will give you up to five BodyWork exercises at a time to perform three-times a week. You can go through them all at once or fit them in at your convenience.
- Get Running: Check in with the Stride Lab app before every run for a series of dynamic running drills to incorporate into your daily run.
- Get Points: Just like a personal coach, the Stride Lab app keeps track of all the great work you’re doing. See your BodyWorks score rise as you complete your tasks.
- Get Progress: Every few weeks the Stride Lab app will ask you to re-evaluate yourself to see how you’re improving and whether you are ready to focus on the next challenge.
- GRID, Injection Molded EVA,
- VERSAFOAM cushioning technology
- GRID technology
- Durable rubber outsole
- Supportive upper overlays
- Textile and Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Grid supportive cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole
- Supportive upper overlays
- Grid technology with VersaFoam cushioning Durable rubber outsole for even your toughest workouts supportive rubber overlays shoe category: neutral pronation: neutral water resistant: No waterproof: no offset: 12mm
- Technical Athletic Shoes
- Successor to the Omni ISO; EVERUN topsole construction for enhanced energy return and continuous cushioning throughout the run; PWRFOAM Midsole medial posted midsole; ISOFIT dynamic upper that adapts to the shape and motion of the runner foot
- Engineered Mesh external support frame helpful for runners who suffer from mild to severe pronation
- New PWRRUN cushioning provides just-right softness that's responsive enough to tackle as many miles as you wish
- The new medial TPU guidance frame quickly and quietly guides each foot through its natural gait cycle for the smoothest feel yet
- FORMFIT surrounds the foot with a made-for-me feel that can accommodate a wide range of foot shapes comfortably
- Shoe Category: Stability
- Offset: 8mm (32.5/24.5)
- PWRRUN cushioning maintains the lightweight responsiveness that makes this shoe a favorite for daily training miles or racing longer distances
- The flexible sole is designed to quickly transition from landing to take-off
- FORMFIT conforms to your foot to provide the perfect fit and feel from every angle
- Category: Neutral
- Offset: 4mm
- PWRRUN+ gives you a springy and responsive underfoot feel that keeps you strong and feeling fresh.
- FORMFIT acts like a luxurious bucket seat for your foot, conforming to you for the perfect fit and providing comfort from every angle.
- Cushioning thats 25% lighter than our previous best, the lightweight comfort of these shoes means you'll never feel like something is holding you back.
- PWRRUN+ gives you a spring and responsive underfoot feel that keeps you going strong and feeling fresh.
- FORMFIT acts like a lixurious bucket seat to your foot, confirming to you for the perfect fit and providing comfort from every angle.
- With cushioning that's 25% lighter than our previous best, the lightweight comfort of these shoes means you'll never feel like somethin's holding you back.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.