Distance running, such as marathons is not the outcome of a decision made the night before – but rather hundreds, even thousands, of decisions made right up until the finish line of the race.
Such dedication is the inspiration that drove the development of the adizero Pro.
The adizero continues breaking records with Haile Gebrselassie in 2008, Mary Keitany in 2017 – and most recently Rhonex Kipruto’s blistering 10km World Record in January 2020 – and knowing that this footwear family holds the DNA of fast in it’s construction, building a new generation of adizero marathon shoes was never going to be a case of taking short-cuts.Mary Keitany Sporting Prototype in Her Training Camp in Iten, KenyaON RACE DAY YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU’RE WEARING THE BEST EQUIPMENT POSSIBLE SO YOU CAN FOCUS PURELY ON THE RUNNING. FOR ME, THE ADIZERO PRO PROVIDES THAT PEACE OF MIND I NEED WHEN I BLOCK EVERYTHING OUT AND GET THAT TUNNEL VISION.Mary Keitany, Four Time New York City Marathon Winner
In fact, like a marathon runner, it was instance-after-instance of opting to do things the right way; rather than the easy way.
To form the basis of a new generation of fast, adidas went back to a collaborator of more than 20 years – Yoshitori Omori.
Omori-San’s name will be a familiar one to runners. From the early 2000’s, the ‘Omori Last’s were a hallmark of quality and innovation – the adizero name on a product was a sign that the shoe had been built around a new last designed with runners feet and motion in mind, and then carved by Mr. Omori in his workshop in Japan; the home of technical running.Japanese Master Shoe Creator and 20-year adidas Collaborator Omori-San
With an all-new shape for the shoe secured, adidas then went about testing out technologies that would help runners be at their fastest and most efficient over 26.2 miles.
Another exercise in doing things ‘right’, the midsole of the adizero Pro introduces LIGHTSTRIKE for the first time on a running shoe.
First debuted on the NXTLVL Basketball shoe in 2018, LIGHTSTRIKE combines energy return and stability into one of the lightest TPU foams on the market for a ride that runners will appreciate across the full distance.
Sandwiched between the LIGHSTRIKE and the sockliner is an all-new CARBITEX Carbon plate. Having been a feature of adidas shoes since the 1980’s, the newly-commissioned CARBITEX plate delivers flexibility at touchdown and a snappy toe-off for maximum propulsion and an economically guided stride.
Finishing off the new features is CELERMESH: adidas’ thinnest mesh ever, which completely locks down the foot for a fast feeling with no distractions by engineering an internal support structure within the mesh itself for lightweight lockdown.
To complete the package, the iconic BOOST cushioning takes its spot in the heel to give a plush element of comfort that retains all its qualities independent of temperature, and best-in-class Continential rubber on the outsole for outstanding grip.
- Hit the track and break records in the adidas® Running adiZero Prime running shoes.
- Predecessor: adiZero.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 10 mm. Primeknit textile upper. Traditional lace-up closure. Integrated tongue and collar provide a snug fit. Removable insole. boost™ midsole returns energy with every step you take. continental™ rubber outsole provide traction in dry or wet conditions. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 9 oz Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a s
- Hardcourt outsole: Tread pattern specifically designed for hard court use.
- External heel counter: Provides ultimate protection and stability.
- Engineered Stretch Woven: ultimate fit, ultralight, innovative fabric with seamless engineered zones of performance.
- ADIWEAR: ultimate durability
- LIGHTSTRIKE is SUPER-LIGHT cushioning designed for explosive movement and next-level comfort
- Two-layer stretch mesh upper with Adituff toe
- Adiprene+ forefoot cushioning
- Supportive, lightweight Sprintframe and adaptive 3D Torsion system
- Upper Material: microfit stretch mesh
- Closure: lace
- Midsole: Boost, Lightstrike
- Sole: Continental Rubber
- Support Type: neutral
- Runner type: neutral; Boost is our most responsive cushioning ever: The more energy you give, the more you get
- Open mesh upper for maximum lightweight breathability; Textile and synthetic overlays for added support
- Designed for high speed, Microfit locks the foot down for a direct fit and fast run
- TORSION SYSTEM between the heel and forefoot for a stable ride
- STRETCHWEB rubber outsole flexes underfoot for an energized ride; Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary grip in wet and dry conditions
- Weight: 8 ounces (size 9); Midsole drop: 10 mm (heel: 27 mm / forefoot: 17 mm); Arch type: High / normal
- Tight, snug fit for racing performance: Recommend a half size bigger
- Mesh, textile and synthetic upper for durability
- Boost is our most responsive cushioning ever, delivering incredible energy return: The more energy you give, the more you get
- Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary traction in wet and dry conditions
- adidas female running shoe; the adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted Connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport; Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to make sport part of their lives
- adidas male tennis Shoe
- The adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted Connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport
- Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to make sport part of their lives
- Lightweight football cleats designed for speed and stability
- Regular fit
- Lightweight textile upper provides durability
- Tongue and heel pulls for easy on and off
- Cleated outsole for traction
- Lace enclosure
- Lightweight, locked-in feel
- Molded spike-plate forefoot
- Sprint spikes made for curves
- Single-layer Celermesh upper and mesh heel
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.