The list has been compiled following introduction of the requirement on 31 January 2020 that any new shoe that an athlete proposes to wear in international competitions needed to be assessed by World Athletics.
The list does not contain every shoe ever worn by an athlete but it does include some older models of shoes that manufacturers sent to World Athletics for assessment by its independent expert. The position with older shoes that are not on the list is that they still need to comply with the rule going forward. The athlete, or their representative, will need to ensure their older shoe complies with Rule 5.13 in terms of the maximum sole thicknesses for their specified event and any inserted plate or blade, including spike plates if relevant.
Under Rule 5 of the Technical Rules, athletes (or their representative) have the responsibility to provide World Athletics with specifications of the new shoes the athlete proposes to wear in competition. World Athletics accepts shoe specification and samples submitted by manufacturers for further examination.
If there is doubt about a shoe (particularly shoes that no other athlete has) then athletes, officials and meeting organisers should first refer to the approved list.
If the competition referee has a reasonable suspicion that a shoe worn by an athlete might not comply with the rules then at the conclusion of the competition the referee may request the shoe be handed over for further investigation by World Athletics.
The list of approved shoes will be updated regularly to reflect any new information received.
“Transitioning rules is never easy but is significantly harder with the current pandemic and the challenges we all face in staging, competing and providing kit and equipment during this time. We will continue to communicate, clarify and explain the rules and would like to thank our athletes, Member Federations, meeting organisers, shoe companies and technical officials for working with us to ensure the rules are understood and adhered to and, when this is not possible, that we resolve issues quickly, consistently and compassionately within the framework of the rules,” said World Athletics CEO, Jon Ridgeon.
- Upper material: Fabric,leather,synthetic
- Nike Women's Race Running Shoe, White Black Wolf Grey, 6.5
- Womens Shoes
- White/Particle Grey
- 🏅 NO TIE SHOE LACES INCLUDED: Enhance your running experience even more with our reflective system and elastic no tie shoelaces. Perfect comfort with adjustable tension, superior quality, and super easy installation for both kids and adults. One size fits any type of shoes, sneakers or boots.
- 💪 COMFORABLE WEAR – Lightweight of only 0.17LB perfect for any kind of sport activities such as running, cycling, and racing like Marathon and Triathlon. High quality adjustable elastic belt to fit all sizes.
- ✔ MULTI PURPOSE & EASY USE: Insulated zip pouch + energy gel loops + race bib toggles + reflective trim. Use as a triathlon belt, trail running belt, ironman belt, marathon belt, or endurance race belt.
- 💧 WATER RESISTANT PHONE FRIENDLY POUCH: – Easy storage in a neoprene pouch protects your phone and other essential belongings.
- 🥇 1 YEAR OF FULL REFUND WARRANTY – buy with confidence! If you don't like our running bib belt for any reason contact us and we will take care of that!
- Upper material: Fabric,synthetic
- Leather and suede throw back to '90s styling while giving it a durable and supportive feel
- Mesh keeps your feet cool and comfy
- Max Air unit and soft foam cushioning bring lightweight comfort to every step
- Round toe
- Padded footbed
- style: race
- outer material: Canvas
- closure type: snare
- The Nike Downshifter 10 blends closed mesh on the back that helps secure your foot during all-out sprints, with open mesh at the forefoot for optimal ventilation
- Soft foam and flex grooves underfoot deliver a smooth ride
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.